Every student is different. I have no way to know what an individual student will learn, but I can give you a rough idea of the subject matter students will encounter:
- The elements of art
- The principles of design
- Color theory and color harmonies
- Composition and design
Students also need to learn how to use the tools:
- The macOS and the Finder
- Browsers and search engines
- Adobe Illustrator (vector imagery)
- Adobe Photoshop (raster imagery)
Our Gameful LMS (Learning Management System) is easy for students to grasp. Still, the nature of self-pacing and self-assessment challenges students to approach the classroom with a different mindset:
- Students, not the teacher, start the class (before the bell).
- They learn to work at their own pace (and that it’s not a race).
- They determine when a mission is complete (self-assessment).
- They understand that I will often ask for iteration (revisions and improvements).
There’s far more than that, but other qualities (that I stress and nurture) lead to optimal outcomes:
- Growth mindset
Students in the Mac Lab learn to balance freedom with responsibility. Oh, and they create epic art like this.