• Students will develop the skill to find, evaluate, and use the information to solve problems and make decisions.
• Students will develop a growth mindset through the taking of artistic risks while developing a personal style of artistic expression.
• Students will learn to deconstruct the purpose and message in visual media and be able to purposefully construct meanings in their own work.
• Students will become more adept using the tools of digital art.
• Students will develop workplace skills such as teamwork, communication, and time management.
You will be learning much more than just the content. The process of learning a new technical skill is sometimes a difficult process that often includes struggle and moments of failure. The classroom culture celebrates the process of learning and those moments where things do not turn out the way you planned. You will also be challenged to find and evaluate your own resources to guide your learning and exploration of digital art skills.
Ultimately, this course is about learning how to learn. And that is the ultimate 21st century skill set.